Saturday, September 17, 2011

On Track


Phew, my last post was a doosey. I will make sure to keep this one a little more brief. As I mentioned before, my family and friends have always provided me with immense support. Last weekend I was sort of breaking down to a close friend of mine. Since she has moved here, she has been on her own journey of healing and healthy transformation (you can follow her blog here). She is vegan and very aware of the things she puts into her body. She gave me a list of resources and together we looked at some books. I settled on purchasing one of her favorite books What to Eat  and another book I found on my own The G Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide. My nose have been buried in these books all week long and they have touched  base on my issues and confusion around food. For example, how can I trust food when all it does is make me upset, both physically and mentally? Marion Nestle (What to Eat) validated the state of overwhelm I often encounter in the grocery store. Regardless of you relationship with foods What to Eat is a phenomenal book that dives into the food politics of this country. The G Free Diet is not only good for those who are gluten-free, but helpful for parents and partners who live with others who are gluten-free.






No comments:

Post a Comment